Last Updated on 13.02.12 Written by John Guarnieri
We recently had the opportunity to speak with Dan Chandler, the lead singer of the hard rock outfit, Evans Blue. We witnessed the band at last years Rock On The Range, a performance that we won't forget for a long time, so it was great to finally ask Dan some questions. We look forward to working with the guys in the near future.
1. What are the bands touring plans for 2012? Will there be more festival appearances like last year's Rock On The Range?
- We are focusing on getting the record completed right now, but definitely plan on following it up with a tour in the late spring. Not exactly sure of the tour schedule but as soon as we know, we will post the dates on our Facebook page.
2. How is your new album, 'Graveyard Of Empires' moving along? How did you settle on the title?
-I believe this album is easily the best work we have done, and we are really proud of it and excited to share it. We really captured the sound we were looking for. The title of the record came from a working title of one of the new songs, that is now called "Thank You." The title spoke volumes to us when we thought about the state of the world right now.
3. "Erase My Scars" is an incredible song, and the video makes it that much more powerful. Was it a difficult video to shoot on personal level for you, since the images of your nephew run throughout?
-Thank you. It was a bit difficult to watch the first few times, but the pain almost immediately turned into peace. I am very thankful that we were able to capture the emotion in the video.
4. What has been the best thing to happen in your career so far in Evans Blue?
-It seems like everyday comes with something new and refreshing. The fans are a constant reminder of how lucky and grateful I am to get to live out this dream.
For more information on the band, head over to: http://evansblue.com/